Understanding Breast Cancer
Navigating Care Library Resources
Breast Cancer Articles
- General Information About Breast Cancer
- Stages of Breast Cancer
- Inflammatory Breast Cancer
- Recurrent Breast Cancer
- Treatment Option Overview
- Treatment Options for Breast Cancer
- Treatment Options for Ductal Carcinoma In Situ (DCIS)
- To Learn More About Breast Cancer
- more Breast Cancer articles...
Helpful Breast Cancer Links
Hi, I’m Karen G.
This is me in a nutshell..
Diagnosed (in my early 50’s) in late 2009 with stage 2 Breast Cancer. Estrogen positive. Partial mastectomy, right side.
Surgery, lots of lymph nodes out (mild lymphedema), chemo port surgery (loved my port!), 6 rounds of chemo treatments (TAC – Taxatere, Adriamycin, Cytoxin), radiation plus booster radiation treatments, chemo brain, and chemo curl. I loved my …Read more… Read more member experiences…
Recent Breast Cancer Discussions
Breast Cancer Groups
Breast Cancer Community Resources
Tips & Suggestions
Selenium and Cancer Prevention
In a study where men took 200 micrograms of the trace mineral selenium for 4 years, selenium reduced the risk of prostate cancer by 63%, colon cancer by 58%, and lung cancer by 46%.